Developed in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline, MedTrust Online's CancerTrials App is an iPhone/iPod Touch application that locates Clinical Trials in your area. less
Features of CancerTrials App include:
- Quickly locate Clinical Trials that are recruiting patients within 150 miles of your location
- View search results of Clinical Trials on a map relative to your location (or manually enter a US Zip Code)
- Simple text search to locate Clinical Trials within your area
- Advanced text search to locate Clinical Trials by any of the following criteria:
* Search Term
* Patient Gender
* Patient Age
* Clinical Trial Phase (eg Phase 1, Phase 1/Phase 2, etc)
* Clinical Trial Status (eg recruiting, active, completed, etc)
* Clinical Trial Type (eg Intervention, Observational, etc)
* Clinical Trial Distance from your location (25 mile, 50 miles, up to 500 miles) OR Clinical Trial Region (US or Global)
* Clinical Trial Contact Availability (eg Trial has contact name, phone number and/or email)
- Directly contact Clinical Trial managers by email or phone
- Each Clinical Trial record contains the complete details available including the summary, description, patient conditions, interventions, recruitment status, number of patients to be enrolled, patient inclusion criteria, patient exclusion criteria, contact information and more.
- Share what you have found by email with friends, family or others.
- Save favorites to follow up on later.
- Recent searches are automatically saved so that you can quickly repeat previous results.
CancerTrials App for the iPhone connects to Oncocentric.com, the most effective place for doctors to find cancer treatment information online. Using Oncocentric, cancer doctors can search across many databases of medical knowledge, including information about the latest clinical trials available for cancer patients. Once clinically useful information has been found, doctors can share and collaborate with other cancer doctors across the globe.
Now available to the public, the CancerTrials App will quickly identify a relevant cancer clinical trial near you based on simple information that you enter in four taps of the finger or less. Using the GPS function in your iPhone, CancerTrials App will zero in on trials near where you are. If you are a patient, you can find comfort knowing that there are options close to where you live. If you are a doctor, researcher, or other healthcare professional, you now have a mobile application that can go where you go, without losing a useful source of knowledge that you can share with you patient.