The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is the first device that lets you treat without pricking your finger.*
Use this app if you have the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System.
Medicare beneficiaries should not use this app. The beneficiary may NOT use their phone for display of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) data and still be eligible for reimbursement by Medicare for Therapeutic CGM.
The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System provides real-time glucose readings for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes every five minutes. With Dexcom G5 Mobile, dynamic glucose data can be accessed and shared safely and conveniently anywhere, anytime to your smart device.
* CGM-based treatment requires fingersticks for calibration; may result in hypoglycemia if calibration not performed or symptoms/expectations do not match CGM readings.
The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System provides personalized trend alerts right on your smart device and lets you see when your glucose levels are going too low, or too high, so you can better manage your diabetes. The Alert Schedule feature lets you schedule and customize a second set of alerts. For example, you can set the schedule to match your work hours and have different alert settings during the rest of the day. Custom alert sounds are available, including a Vibrate-Only option on the phone for glucose alerts other than the Urgent Low Alarm.
The Always Sound setting allows you to receive certain Dexcom CGM Alerts even if your phone sound is off, set to vibrate, or in Do Not Disturb mode. This will allow you to silence calls or texts but still receive CGM Alerts, including Low and High Glucose alert, Urgent Low Alarm, and Rise and Fall Rate alerts. Always Sound is on by default. A Home screen icon shows you if your Alerts will sound or not. For safety, three alerts cannot be silenced: Urgent Low Alarm, Transmitter Failure, and Sensor Failure.
In addition to the exceptional performance provided by the Dexcom Sensor, you’ll receive other valuable features:
• Intuitive and user-friendly interface
• Dexcom SHARE® remote monitoring is built into the G5 app, allowing you to share your glucose data with up to five followers, who can remotely monitor your glucose data and trends on their compatible smart device with the Dexcom Follow app. Share and Follow functions require an internet connection.
• Health App access so you can share retrospective glucose data with third party apps
• Today view widget, which allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
View your glucose information, trend graph, and alerts and alarms right from your wrist with the Dexcom G5 Mobile Apple Watch app:
• Use the digital crown to scroll through 1, 3, or 6 hours of glucose trend data
• Dexcom G5 Mobile complications allow you to view your glucose number and arrow from your watch face
• Add the Dexcom G5 Mobile app to the Dock and enable background refresh for best performance
This app store should not be used as your first point of contact to resolve technical or customer services issues. In order to protect your privacy and personal information, and promptly resolve any technical or customer services issues you are having with any Dexcom product, please contact 1-888-738-3646.
Dexcom is required to follow up with customers regarding product-related complaints. If Dexcom determines that your comment/complaint requires follow up, a technical support representative will attempt to contact you to gather more information regarding your comment/complaint.less